20110331

And the Countdown Begins Once Again...

Twenty-nine days before I hop on a place and leave the beautiful scenery of the French Riviera behind me. It will be such a bittersweet moment. Until then, I will try my best to enjoy everything while I still can.

On Sunday, a very special friend of mine arrived at the Nice Cote d'Azur Airport. Do you know who it is? It's Connie Wong! For the past few days, I acted as her tour guide, showing her the beauty of Cannes, Juan-les-pins/Antibes and Nice. Today, the both of us visited Marseille for the very first time. The city is gorgeous. It reminded me of Paris, but with a Port.  We visited forts and castles. Marseille is an old city. It's filled with history and stories. We spent a full day there and unfortunately still didn't get the change to see everything we wanted to visit. I guess that will be an extra reason to eventually come back to Europe. I have to say though, I am exhausted from this short one day trip. We spent the entire day on foot, and had to run to catch our train! The last TGV leaving from Marseille for the Cote d'Azur was scheduled to leave the train station at 7:59 PM. At 7:35 PM, we were still in Galeries Lafayette, buying food for our two-hour train ride. Obviously, walking back to the train station would have caused us to miss the train. We decided to take the metro, which is requires only a ride of two stations. As we arrived on the platform, the metro had just left. The next one was only coming in six minutes. 7:40, and the clock is ticking. The metro comes and thankfully we arrived the station Gare SNCF Saint-Charles a little bit before 7:50 PM. We ran, ran, ran, ran and ran. We finally arrived at platform G, where the train is at. Walking towards our cart, we found out that Car 7 is actually situated at the very end of the long train. We ran once again. Let me tell you, the freaking TGV was long, LONG.  We made it to our seats, sat down, and the doors closed. WE MADE IT! Lesson learned thought. Do not leave for the train station 20 minutes before it leaves! All in all, it was a great day filled with discoveries and sunshine.

I have to say though, after living on the French Riviera for three months, nothing compares to it. I LOVE IT.
If Island

Gare SNCF Saint-Charles

On the ferry coming back from If Island


Vieux Port

Vieux Port


No comments:

Post a Comment