20110408

The Truth Hurts

Seven days before I pick up my mom at the airport, 21 days before I fly home.

I'm so excited for my mom to arrive, but the thought of me leaving makes me sick. I want to go home, but I don't want to leave. The last sentence made absolutely no sense whatsoever.  I can't wait to go back and see my room, drive my car (okay, drive my dad's car) and see my friends. However, how can I possibly leave the bright sun, beautiful cerulean/turquoise water and warm white sand? It would made things much easier if only Montreal had something similar. At least it won't be snowing when I back home. All this sad talk is distracting me from my studies, which brings me to my next point.

I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this (I'm starting to sound like that mean, discriminatory UCLA girl! Hahaha!), but France has made me lazy. All my time spent here has made me forget how to study. Me of all people! People who know me know that all I do is study, study and study during the school year. All I have done in these past three months is to go out, sleeping in, travel and sunbathe at the beach. I don't even know how to study anymore! I can't read a PowerPoint slide without being distracted or falling asleep! Like my mom told me yesterday on the phone: "You're going to be screwed when you come back".  Thanks for the support mom! In reality, she is right. Truth hurts, doesn't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment