20110818

Turkish Night

Life has been hectic lately that it felt so good to finally sit down over a nice dinner and catch up with friends.

Last night, I met up with Sue and Connie, who I met during my time at Starbucks. I haven't seen Sue for a very long time, so I was very excited to meet up with her. She gave Connie & I  a tour of her cozy and unique downtown apartment before  heading to a Turkish restaurant nearby. None of us knew what to order since we never had Turkish food before. But we ended up all the getting the Special of the Day, which included a lentil soup, a beef main dish, Turkish bread (similar to a naan bread, but much thinner), and some tea and dessert at the end.

The food was good, but the best part of the evening was actually sitting down and chatting with two wonderful ladies. We ate, talked, laughed and laughed some more. The night was filled with laughter and everyone had a great time. We all agreed to meet up over dinner more often, perhaps over Korean food next time! It was such a fun and relaxing evening. I can't wait to do it again!

Lentil soup

Main dish

Sue & Connie

Tea

Dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment