20110715

Blimey, it's Harry Potter!

My heart is pounding. I can't and I refuse to believe it. The end of an era has arrived...

I just watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 2. Don't worry, I won't be giving away any spoilers! Throughout the screening, people screamed, laughed and clapped. I, for one screamed when the movie started and laughed uncontrollably whenever there was something funny. Even when it wasn't that funny. The fact of being there brought me tons of happiness and everything made me smile. What made me smile the most was this pair of 3D glasses. I couldn't possibly think of a better way of making the experience more magical than it already is. 

OH YA! I got the wear Harry Potter's glasses as I watched the last installment!






I read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, the very first Harry Potter book when I was in Grade 5. And here I am, starting my third year of university this coming fall. I grew up with Harry Potter and I consider him to be a childhood friend of mine. What person my age doesn't? So many nights I have spent reading on my bed with a flashlight, page after page, chapter after chapter. While some were addicted to drugs at school, I was addicted to Harry Potter.

The movie was great, no it was AMAZING. But I couldn't help but to feel sad as the ending approached. I was secretly hoping the movie would go on forever.  Leaving the movie theater was bittersweet. I was so happy to have seen such an amazing movie, but sad that it was the last Harry Potter movie ever. I felt I was leaving a very good friend of mine behind.  All of Harry's stories have brought me so much joy. While the movies are over, Harry Potter's legacy will forever live on - at least in my heart.

J. K. Rowling, two words: THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment