20101110

Oh my god! This is so Blair Waldorf!

After seeing the ever so wonderful Blair Waldorf eating endless amounts of macaroons on this week's episode of Gossip Girl, my friend Gabrielle proposed we do the same. And so we did. After our class today, Gaby and I headed to the very chic M Cafe on the corner of Maisonneuve and De La Montagne. Oh boy was it delicious! Although, I must say, some flavors were quite... unique (ie. banana & lime and peppered mango). Each of us ordered six macaroons and we ate them while listening to this old man's cellphone ring 1,058,103 times during our stay. I am not exaggerating. The cell rang every two minutes and it got to a point where the wife angrily said: "I will never eat with you again"! Anyways, I digress.

While enjoying those delicious french pastries, I couldn't stop thinking about my own journey to the land of macaroons. I am leaving in less than 2 months! For those who don't know yet, I will be studying abroad the upcoming winter semester. "Where are you going?" you might ask. Well, I am heading to the world capital of croissants AKA La France!  I have never set foot in Europe, so I am quite excited to leave. When I leave, I plan to convert this blog into my travel diary. I will be posting my adventures with my friend Naomi, who will be studying and sharing an apartment with me.

I will soon be writing a post with more details like where will I live and what school I will be attending. Until then, take a look at the beautiful macaroons I had today :)

Apple & Cinnamon, Peppered Mango, Chocolate & Passion Fruit, Lemon, Salted Caramel and "After Eight "(choco & mint)

1 comment: