20101115

Hi, I'm Here to Pick Up My SKEMA Package.

For the past few weeks, I have be stressing out to the fact that my official acceptance letter from my host university was still MIA. Without that letter, I can't apply for my visa or book my plane ticket! So last Thursday, while studying for my finance exam - which by the way went well (now I don't feel so bad for missing ACCO 310 and 330 :) )- I decided to express my concern by writing an email to my International Liaison Officer, Pauliina (it's not a typo, her name is really spelled what way). As I was reaching for the computer, I saw a red light flashing from my Blackberry - I had received mail from... Pauliina.......

I opened the mail, and it was to inform my that my acceptance package had arrived ! FINALLY!  I was so exited that I started to scream and jump in the JMAS office. Did I mention that one of the office's wall is made completely of glass? Basically, people sitting outside saw me act like a monkey and probably think I am crazy. But that's okay, because I'm going to France :) . Of course, the first I did was to call Naomi and tell her that I received my package. This is how the call went:



* go through contact list, found Naomi and pressed the green send button*

*phone is ringing......Naomi answers*
N : "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
J: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I got the package!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
N: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

I'm assuming you get the picture of how our conversation went.  Needless to say, both of us are now relieved. From that point, it really hit me. Oh em gee. I am leaving for four months. I am basically leaving my life and starting another one in Europe.  Everything feels surreal. I also realized something else; how am I going to pack for 4 months?! How am I supposed to put my whole entire life in a suitcase!

Also, there are so many things to do! I have to apply for my VISA, open a international bank account, take pictures for my VISA, book plane and train tickets, fill paperwork.... Here I thought I would be able to take a little break after my finance exam. :(

On a happier note, I finally bought my Hunter boots. The store didn't have my size in stock, so I will only receive them in a few days.

Hunter Wellies

No comments:

Post a Comment