20130223

Birthday Macarons

Last Sunday, on my very own birthday, I had to wake up early to go write an midterm exam. Yes, you read correctly, I had an exam on Sunday morning! No, it wasn't an alternate... that's just how my university does thing. " Oh let's schedule exams on weekends; Sunday mornings!"

Since I didn't get the chance to plan out what to do to celebrate with my friends, I pushed the celebrations to some other time and stayed home and relaxed. By relaxing, I meant making maracons! I've been wanting to make some macarons for a bloody long time but never really got to it! I called up my friend Mark and asked him he was wanted to join, which he did. Good thing he came, because I don't think it would've been as successful had he been not here. I was all over the place, creating messes after messes. Mark, on the other hand had previously made macarons, so he was able to guide me through it. We made rose flavored macaons, which are one of my favorite. The first time I had taste rose macarons was in Paris and I've been thinking about it ever since! Overall, the macarons were good, but we might have over baked the merengues and didn't put enough coloring. It's definitely something we will have to try making again!


No comments:

Post a Comment